Safeguarding Update training - Kelvin Valley & Great Western
15th December 2015, 18:45 - 21:00
Location: 32nd Glasgow Scout Hall
Time: Starts at 6.45pm prompt and finished at 9pm.
Uniform: There is no need for Scout Uniform.
What to bring: Notepad & pen.
Tea & Coffee provided.
The format includes PowerPoint presentation's followed by discussion groups, exercises and case studies.
The issues covered include:
- Bullying - preventative strategies, recognising the signs and how to deal with it.
- Keeping young people safe - different forms of abuse, warning signs and procedure to report concerns.
- Safeguarding code of practice - advice for leaders to stay safe and recognising inappropriate behaviour by adults or young people in the group.
- Internet safety - online dangers for young people and guidance for leaders on use of social media.
- Resources and support - how to obtain resources, run a group activity and where to find help.
The evening provides leaders a unique opportunity to share ideas and best practice, and obtain advice about any particular issues.
To apply to complete this course, click here - please note that there is no cost for this, (numbers strictly limited).
Important note: the Safeguarding Awareness training is not suitable for new leaders or for Explorer Scout young leaders. It is ongoing learning for those that have been in post for a few years and will shortly be due for an appointment review.