Auditions for Gang Show 2013
19th May 2013
This is your chance to be part of the cast of Glasgow Gang Show 2013
Cubs should arrive for registration at 12 noon and will be finished by 1.30pm.
Scouts, Explorers, Networkers, Guides and Girlguiding Senior Section members should arrive for registration at 2pm and will be finished at 4.15pm
What will happen when I come along in May?
- Some of the existing Gang Show cast will be there and will join in with you to quickly learn a song or two which we will teach you and then you will learn some movement steps and have a go at them alongside the song that you've learnt.
- If you've got a special talent that you think we'd like to hear about, please let us know on the day!
- Our existing cast will be able to tell you what it's like being in Gang Show so feel free to ask them or any of the staff lots of questions if you have them.
- We'll also do a couple of Scout/Guide activities during the afternoon so that you'll be able to get to know everyone there.
- Please wear suitable clothes & shoes for the day and don't worry, you don't have to prepare anything in advance.
Do I need to be able to sing and dance?
- A basic ability to sing in tune and move around to music is required. The majority of people do actually have these skills (some just don't know they have them!) At the audition you will be asked to sing with a group of other people and move to some music (again with a group of others). Unfortunately, we have a limit on the amount of people we can physically fit onto the stage so an audition process is necessary. However, don't let this put you off as the audition is a fun workshop designed to ensure that everyone has a good laugh - even if they are not fortunate enough to be offered a place in the show.
What's it like being in the show?
- Brilliant, fun, excellent, amazing, superb, wicked, unforgettable are all words which have been used by cast members to sum up what being in the Gang Show is like. Past (and current) cast members reckon it is one of the most amazing experiences you could ever imagine. Put simply it is four months of fun, friendship and a place where you will make everlasting memories.
What's the commitment?
- Rehearsals start in June and run on Wednesday night's, stop for July then restart on August 11th and run on Wednesday night's and Sunday afternoon's until show week.
- All cast are required to attend every rehearsal.
- Want to know more before you come along?
- Tom Raybould is the volunteer who leads the Gang Show team and he'll be happy to talk to you, give him a call on 01360 312738 or drop him an email at email@example.com